Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Will it ever come?

Spring.....I am longing for spring! We have one color going for us at the moment...White! It is pretty but the grey days and the freezing temps. are getting hard to take. The snow we have had this year is not the pretty kind that comes down in big fluffy clumps the size of ping pong balls. No, we have had the dry snow that is so miniscule that I have to put my glasses on to even see it. It just looks sorta foggy but it is actually snowing. I really like the wet clumps for the fluffy stuff. It mounts up quicker and it is heavy to shovel but it is so pretty when it comes down. Seems to defy gravity as it comes down so slowly.

The dogs are tired of being all cooped up in the house for so long. They want to run and romp. When I let them out now they come in with snow packed into their feet and get it all over the house. Spike has no hair so it is really miserable for him out there but we dress him up well and send him on out too. The little Yorkie Tater, we don't let him out. We are afraid the eagles and hawks will snatch him up for a meal.

I long for my song birds and the beautiful flowers and the butterflies........I love Spring up here in Minnesota. Things 'jump' out of the ground so grateful for some warmth and sunshine again.

I hope I live that long.................

No comments: