Thursday, February 28, 2008

Journaling on the go...............

I am a total Mess in the studio and work on 6 square inches of space.... but... on the go, I must have my supplies NEAT.

I found this case at the Salvation Army store and it was empty at the time. I bought it for .50 cents and brought it home and collaged on the outside and sealed it.

Inside I bought matching cases and even scissors and labled everything so that it would always be neat and easy to find things. If it isn't, I can't journal in public. (I KEEP WONDERING WHAT THEY MUST BE THINKING!)

I mostly just write what I am observing when I am out. I always have my camera with me but sometimes I just like to try to sketch something I am interested in.

When I get home again (and I can get quiet and play my beloved Celine Dion's new c.d. 'Taking Chances') then I like to pull out all my colorful stuff and finish off the page.

If I am on a overnight stay, I have a little watercolor set and some magazine pictures and words and phrases to use.

I can't figure out how to get the photos under the post so if you look to the right side, that is where they are.

I guess I am not a REAL artist........sigh!!

8 comments:

michelle ward said...

Hey girl! Congrats for getting this blog up and running, and for joining in on the crusade for Pandora's Box. You make a good point - messy studio, but neat kit. I'm the SAME! Maybe that's why I like to have a kit, to take with me and escape to another room, or to the deck when it's warm - to move away from all the other distractions in this studio and the MESS!

Chris said...

A reminder to label my supplies! It would help me so much more than just throwing them in all together and then rummaging... I love the Schultz drawings! I've kept Peanuts by me all my life.
Thank you for sharing, I know these blogs are 'testy' sometimes!

Jodi Peary said...

Love the Schultz pages;I have a new 9 week old beagle that is as endearing as Snoopy. Your kit is wonderful. Love the labeling. Your banner? Your banner is one of the best, most authentic banners I have ever seen...and you deny being an artist?
jodi

Anonymous said...

The Peanuts drawings are totally charming. What is a "real" artist anyway? I had four years of art history in college and it seemed like no two people ever agreed on what was art. Thanks for sharing your pages and your great kit. It's so well organized that I'm envious!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie! AHA! I found your site!!! SO glad you joined in on the latest crusade...your kit is uber-cool, and I'm envious of how organized you are! Great to have you along for the journey... as far as figuring out these blog posting issues goes... hang in there, it really does get better! Michelle Ward tutored me countless times and kept encouraging me, so just keep at it... and if you see something on someone else's site you really like, just email them and ask them if they can direct you to resources to help you, and maybe they'll be generous and explain it to you themselves! I've been very lucky that way, and I really appreciated the help! Thanks so much for all your incredibly kind comments, you made my day!

moi said...

i never thought about it but my kit is as disorganized as i am!!!LOL. I am liking this idea of keeping it all neat. gotta try that out. lovely snoopy pages.

forcryeye said...

Isn't it so fun to be thrifty and find a cool box for .25!!!! Thank you for sharing your cool and organized kit!!!!

carin.c said...

Great field kit... so nice and tidy too! Love how you decorated it to make it your own.