Monday, February 11, 2008

The house is paid for. Praise the Lord!!!

We had our former home all paid for and it felt soooo good. Then, after having that nice contented feeling for a while we got a bug up our butt to go look for something more modern. Naturally we bought a house that was easily twice as much and it was kind of a struggle to pay that note every month and still allow Bonnie to shop for dolls, ya know? :o)

Luther's mom passed away and left all her kids some money. As much as he doesn't like having a credit card balance....I didn't want him to use that money to pay off 'MY' bills (I mean, afterall, that wouldn't be right!) and that darn credit card is all my doings, I have to 'fess up to that. So after talking it over, we felt mom would be happy to know that Luther has that huge house note off his back. Now he can breathe easier once again and retire if he wants to. He doesn't want to retire and frankly, I don't want him to because for some unknown reason to me he likes to 'hang out' in our kitchen....not doing much......just hanging around in there. I find him in there all the time. :o) Our kitchen is the size of one you might find on a boat. There is no room for him in there unless he is washing dishes!!! So, he feels lighter now and I know it would make Alice happy to know it and I honestly miss her. No one tells me how to live my life anymore and frankly, I feel a little bit 'off kilter'. I find I think of her more, and even 'mentally' ask her advice. (She would be so happy with that!!) I really do miss that old gal. She was quite sweet to me in the last few years. Once she got used to the idea that I was a 'very strange creature' but I absolutely ADORE her kid, we got along fine. She was losing her eye site and was feeling frustrated a lot. She experienced no pain at all but was really tired a lot of the time and I think ready to go be with Dad. She went to be with Jesus in the nicest way. Marla and Linda came to her place and took her to the dining hall to eat. They left her there and went home again to Rochester. She finished eating and just went to sleep in her chair. Just like that, she was in the arms of her Lord. Her faith was strong and we knew she and daddy were together again and that is the way it should be when a couple are married for such a long time. That is the first thing I will ask the Lord about. Why oh Why does he allow us to be separated like that? To my way of thinking, there is no more frightening thought than being alone on this old earth.

So, Mom, give daddy a hug and keep an eye on us and let us know when we aren't doing the right thing. This time I will listen. Oh and Mom, thank you so much for taking us to the Selah Concert. It gave me a peace that passeth all understanding. If you hadn't done that, Luther probably wouldn't have gone with me and that would have been such a shame. It nourished my soul. Hugs to you mom, and thank you!(Please keep an eye on Glenn. Travis is doing to him what Luther's boys did to him only Worse!! Poor Glenn)

No comments: