Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So many dolls.....so why don't they come home to mama??

I can't wait for the day when the Asian Ball Jointed, resin, dolls are mass produced. I have 3 dolls ordered and it will be months before I get them. It is such a slow process, and the language barrier is a bitch. Jeepers, don't they know how very OLD I am???

Anyway, I am about done with the buying. I just wanted to do a diorama of a little nursery. I wanted some sweet kids and one rootin' tootin' fast shootin' highfalutin Fig Newton in there!! You know a fiery redhead with a face full of freckles. I can picture her with a stern look and hands on the hips. Afterall there is always one like that in any group. I found her but can't order her yet.....too many paid for and I am ordered to wait till next month. O.k., I can deal!

The ones I am collecting now are small enough to use doll house sized furniture but they are fatter than the traditional doll house dolls. I hope to get all my photographs into a proper book form at the end of the day. I don't want to die without leaving a 'little bit of myself' behind. I guess I feel a need to prove I lived or something.........since I have no kids. I have art stored away and I would like to have a proper bound book of my work. My photography is getting better and better and I am completely self taught. So, old dogs can indeed learn new tricks! :o)

When faced with the end of your life, don't you find that you are trying so hard to get it all done? I sure do. I have so much more I want to share and do. I feel frustrated that my energy won't keep up. But, God is good. He has richly blessed me with a wonderful furry family, artistic talent and a man to finance it all. Luther
has turned out to be a wonderful husband. The first 5 years were sure 'iffy' but once he got the hang of living with me and the other way around, we are good together.
His strengths are a comfort and I have taught him to lighten up and to HAVE FUN NOW!!
Right now!!! Some folks live like they have years and years and years to get stuff done but we are not guaranteed that time, ya know?

Right before Dad died he told me, "Boo, if there is anything you want to do, do it now, because old age ain't for sissies." I took it literally and began to FULLY ENGAGE in my life and not just drift along..........

Luther and I travel when we want and don't wait and wait. We are storing up many wonderful memories together. I want to do it all with him. I am not one to run with a bunch of little old ladies after my husbands demise. He is my bestest friend always and I want to see and do it all with him.

That's my story............you know the rest!

(HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN 97!! I MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY AND WILL LOVE YOU 4-EVER. LUTHER SAYS I TAKE ON 'YOUR LOOK AND EXPRESSIONS' AND "I SOUND JUST LIKE YOU WHEN I GO ON A TOOT ABOUT SOMETHING.' :O) GOD KNOWS YOU HAVE ME EATING WAY TOO MANY MC DONALD'S PANCAKES FOR YA!!! I AM A BIG OLD GAL THESE DAYS!!)

No comments: