Sunday, March 16, 2008

ERASER CARVING.........

Michelle challenged us to carve some erasers or make our own stamps. I have found that the kids fun foam can be fun and kinda funky but I also like to try my hand at carving. Of course, I haven't done anything as intricate as our Michelle. I don't have that sort of patience and that 'fancy stuff' doesn't usually wind up in my journals. Simple images are what I do.

I am not crazy about how fragile the erasers are.....especially after sweating blood to do 'em.
I just have to try everything atleast once.
The cutest one I have seen out there was a 'turnip'. One of our fellow artists had carved one and put 'Can't get blood (red drops on the page) out of a Turnip ( turnip stamp)" I just loved it because it was done at Tax Time. I am sorry I can't give her credit but she moved me, she reallllly moved me! :o)
That's my story...................you know the rest. :o)

8 comments:

michelle ward said...

Bonnie - thanks for joining in the crusade and sharing your self-made tools. I think your fun-foam stamps of bricks are the perfect thing for that material! I have used it to make gingerbread men too - makes a great impression with the foam. Love your simple circle made into a bouquet of flowers. I know what you mean about investing time cutting an eraser only to have it fall apart! You'll have to try the safety-kut or softoleum...much hardier.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie

that journey eraser stamp looks COOL! Oh I can imagine how frustrating it must be after sweet & blood effort and then the stamp falls apart GRRR.
Thanx for sharing! Hedwig

carin.c said...

Bonnie - I love the stamped stone wall - was thinking of doing that - love the way yours turned out. The others are very cool too.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your #18 crusade! I thought the eraser wqas OK but I liked the white rubber stuff I found a t Hobby Lobby( with my 40% off coupon of course!). I feel a new addiction comin' on! :-)

Have a great hair day! Becci

Kim Tedrow said...

I like them all, especially the journey carving. -Kim

Ursula Clamer said...

I like the brick wall from the fun foam, it gives it nice texture. I also really like the 'journey' stamp, very cool.

Kat W said...

Your stamps turned out great, all of them! The bricks and cute flowers are my favorites! :)

Anonymous said...

Great stamps. That brick wall is awesome :)